Ham everywhere, even in Bob's dreams, when he dreamt of a epileptic pig that he was trying to save

Ham everywhere, even in Bob's dreams, when he dreamt of a epileptic pig that he was trying to save
A shop window in Madrid

Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday, June 12th

At 8:30 AM, we're just about ready to go. Bob's doing a last check to see if we can eliminate anything from our overloaded van, has a few more things to pack, needs to get ice and gas (I'm getting the food into ziplocks and eliminating some of the cheese we were taking since we had 10 packages of different cheeses) and then----yes, the moment we have all been waiting for---we're on our way (and Kim and Kayla can finally move back in).

We expect to stop at the Petrified Forest and then we're on our way to Albuquerque for our first night camping since the kids were little. Temp in Albuquerque tonight is supposed to be 52 so sleeping will be nice the first night, at least. Just saw on the news that Dallas is flooded and the rain continues there (we think it might have been our next stop--but if it is we'll motel it that night instead of trying to set up in the rain).

It has been a L-O-N-G W-E-E-K!!! Unlike most nights before trips, though, I slept like a bambino (Bob, the most-of-the-time driver, did not).

We have Internet on the road through Bob's Blackberry so we should be able to keep in touch (even while driving). I'll be sure to blog as we pass some beautiful scenery.

Okay, everybody--we'll be on the road in an hour. I'm not excited yet--maybe because this has been a long time coming--I'm sure I'll be fine once we're set up in Albuquerque.

However, Bob said he is going to work on me so I can learn how to be in the moment and truly live by the saying "It's the journey not the destination." I'm not sure I'll be able to do that (all of you goal-oriented, OCD people out there will understand), but if there was any one time for me to work on that, it's NOW!

Peace my brothers and sisters.
Casey

2 comments:

CJP said...

Don't miss the Atomic Museum in Albuquerque. Please post what you're paying for gas in your travels. Are you feeding Bob beans from a can, like you did when you moved to Phoenix 39 years ago?

Casey and Bob said...

Beans and Bob PLUS closed up van for hours means no beans (even Beano doesn't work).
Bob passed on the Albuquerque Atomic Museum. Okay, we'll start posting gas prices (I presume you mean per gallon, right?) Our fillups have been pretty much 35 bucks (3/4 of a tank). I'll have him get prices).