Ham everywhere, even in Bob's dreams, when he dreamt of a epileptic pig that he was trying to save

Ham everywhere, even in Bob's dreams, when he dreamt of a epileptic pig that he was trying to save
A shop window in Madrid

Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday,July 3

We left Albany at 11:ooAM--my mother seemed much better this morning and told me she had slept well. Our Grove Avenue neighbors will take care of her and will check in on her

Traffic was pretty bad (but what do we expect for the 4th of July weekend. When we reached the Maine border, Bob said, "Enough of this" and pulled off the major highway (95) and headed for Route 1. It was a beautiful and tempting drive--one tsatshke place after another--one seafood restaurant after another and one antique place after another.

We stopped late for something to eat (our only food of the day) at a famous Maine landmark, Moody's diner--food was excellent! Bob had Salisbury steak with mashed potatoes and corn; I had fried clams with mashed potatoes and corn. For dessert, I had banana cream pie and Bob had mile-high lemon meringue pie.

We are tired and were done driving in the fog on dark roads, so we are settled in an expensive, but luxurious, hotel room (HamptonInn) in Thomaston, ME. We will rise early (yeah right) and we are within 1 hour of our cottage's owners who will escort us to the cottage.

Gas 2.64 in Maine. Temperature 60 degrees---I'm loving it already.

3 comments:

CJP said...

Salisbury steak with mashed spuds and corn, eh, Bob? Still the adventurous eater I've always known. What's it going to take to get you to try something without a backbone, or even just cold-blooded?

Casey, loved the bra story. Hope your mother is comfy, I know what things are like for folks at that stage of their lives, as I get closer and closer to it myself. BTW, when did Bob stop carrying purses?

Casey and Bob said...

Mookie: Bob will never be an adventurous eater and how does that mesh with his gourmet cooking skills ? Good ole Carlos, the funny guy to Bob's straight guy.
I guess I can add "read Mookie's comments" to today's post.
My mother must be better as I could not reach her the last two phonecalls which means that she is out gallivanting (and driving--yipes!) so she must be better.
Hope your recuperation is coming along--let us know how you're doing.
I don't know why my other friends aren't commenting and I know for a fact that more than just 11 people are following; no one wants to register, I guess.

Anonymous said...

HI Casey,
I was interested in your custom bra story. We bought my sister a custom bra fitting for her birthday, and Clare,Johanna, and I are going to get bras next week. I will let you know how they turn out. I'm glad you made it across the country and are ensconced in your Maine hideaway. Are the flies bad? Have fun. Jill