Today was a weird day. We hung around a while and made breakfast (eggs, toast, and spam--like the old days). Tom came by to check up on the water. We went out in the boat at 1:30 and returned at 3:30. The engine was not behaving as Bob thought it should and we noticed that we might have a slow leak in one of the air chambers, but it will be difficult to find it to repair it without having an outside hose or water source. Bob said one of the propeller shafts on the engine was bent which affects its efficiency, not our safety. We saw many birds, got further out in the ocean and got to wave to many lobstermen who waved at us and yelled often, "Nice day, Ay-uh?" The day was a bit warm (80) with no breeze, which is very unusual if the weather we've been experiencing up to today has been typical. Even when it was warm, it was breezy, but not today. I'm as red as a -----------------------------------------?????? lobster? hahahahahaha
We stopped the nearby lobster factory (Inland) and bought two soft-shell lobster (3 pounds total) for 11.40. We didn't have the 40 cents so we owe "Bobby" 40 cents that we can pay him "the next time we come in" which will be Saturday for our big lobster boil when Antoinette and Scott come.
The soft-shell lobster were recommended by the owner of the cabin and I agree with her assessment that the meat is sweeter and more tender. The only difference is that I probably need twice as many lobsters--yummy--delicious. When we do our lobster boil this weekend, we will include corn, taters, and a salad,though. I'm a purist and don't like my lobster contaminated with any other foods. LOL! Bob had those red-skinned snappy hot dogs again that we can't seem to find in Arizona. Wish I had some pie
Chris, the lobstermen, called us today and asked when we wanted to go out with him. I chose Thursday, so we'll be interviewing him, photographing him and lobster hauling from 5 AM til 1:30 PM on Thursday. I don't know if I'm excited or I dread it--that's a long day for us desert dwellers. He's not a coastal fisherman--he fishes deep sea--this ought to be interesting.
We've been reading tonight and we're ready to go to bed a little earlier. Yeah, we say that every night and it's always midnight or later.
5 comments:
The lobster sounds great. We love the new pictures.
Veronica and I went over some of the Mexico plans over dinner last night. It was very exciting but are you sure you don't want to stay for a month..;)...?
In any case, you will definitely have many choices for various itineraries when you arrive. It's too bad that you can't put your boating skills to use in Xochimilco.
We miss you!
Love,
Matt, Veronica, and Ana
Will bob eat the corn and potatoes that were boiled with the lobster?
No, Mookie--he won't. LOL!
I'm surprised he'll go swimming. After all, there have been fish in the water.
Mookie! LOL! You crack me up!
Post a Comment