Ham everywhere, even in Bob's dreams, when he dreamt of a epileptic pig that he was trying to save

Ham everywhere, even in Bob's dreams, when he dreamt of a epileptic pig that he was trying to save
A shop window in Madrid

Monday, March 1, 2010

Last Day in Seville

We woke up, showered, and packed. All we have out now is what we are wearing tomorrow (and my pajamas), so we´ll be ready to go.

Then we went out to see if holidays here are like holidays in the U.S. In the U.S., the stores would be open and maybe close for a short time, but here, the only things open are some farmacias, Internet places, and almost all of the restaurants. There are quite a few people around, however, so I think Spaniards celebrate as families OUTSIDE and at bars rather than at home.

Today, we will enjoy our last tapas and tapas bars. We´ll have to get to bed early since we will be waking at 3;00 AM. I´m both sad to leave and no longer enjoy our Spanish adventures, but I am also happy to get home for reasns I stated earlier. So, I guess we´ll have to see out American adventures, right?

Soon, our beautiful daughter, her boyfriend, and our nephew Mike will be coming to Arizona for the WWE spectacular. Unfortunately, her boyfriend will only be here for a few days but Bryn will be here for a week. Before that, Bryn will enjoy her own adventures in London, Dublin, and Amsterdam with 15 of her closest friends (yipes). I´m so excited for her.

Another great thing about being retired is that adventures never really end since when we return to Arizona, we won´t be returning to work. That´s what always depressed me when we vacationed. We´ve pretty much decided that we aren´t going away for the whole summer, rather we´ll take a number of trips for a few days (I hope Kim and Kayla can come to housesit/dogsit for us). We´ve been invited to spend some time with good friends who have a place in Portland (and since they lived there before and still have family there, they know the city well). I am looking forward to that. We´d also go to San Francisco and San Diego--and instead of going home to the hot, steamy east coast (except for Maine), this summer, maybe we can get all the kids to go to New York for Christmas.

I guess we´ll see, but there are so many possibilities, right? Especially since Bob starts collecting social security in April. My last post will be when we get home and will be about our 24-hour trip back to Phoenix. Be back soon!

3 comments:

CJP said...

"We´ve pretty much decided that we aren´t going away for the whole summer, rather we´ll take a number of trips for a few days"

Does that mean you'll be there when we come out there in June?

Casey said...

Probably!

Casey said...

Probably!