Ham everywhere, even in Bob's dreams, when he dreamt of a epileptic pig that he was trying to save

Ham everywhere, even in Bob's dreams, when he dreamt of a epileptic pig that he was trying to save
A shop window in Madrid

Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday, 6/12

Ladies and Gentlemen--we are 100 miles from Albuquerque--our first stop is a KOA campground because the state parks were either too close to us or too far from Albuquerque.

We stopped and had a nice picnic lunch (sandwiches) at Walnut Canyon--took a little hike and then we were on the road again (I, of course, brought a red and white checked cloth tablecloth --not plastic) and we had a wonderful lunch.

We detoured to the Petrified Forest National Monument. It was really interesting and Bob has wanted to visit for years. We bought a road trip mascot, a really cute stuffed coyote toy, but when we got it into the car I noticed it only had one eye. Tonight, Bob is making a patch for its eye out of electrical tape and we call it Casey's one-eyed coyote--poor thing. We'll take pictures of it in various places and you guys can guess where we are (lame, corny, dumb--LOL!).

By the time we get to the campground, it'll be dark (9PM) and we'll have to put the tent up by flashlight--we used to do that all the time with the kids--it'll be funny. I took some pics today as well and will try to post them when the tent is set up.

1 comment:

jenn said...

I do not doubt the real picnic cloth. I assume you have glass wine glasses as well?