The song running through my head right now is "Oh What a Night!"
We arrived at the KOA at 9PM (no dinner). It took a bit to 1. find the tent area amidst the sea of RV's. Then we had to find an open spot (which we had already reserved and paid for). That was interesting.
Before attacking the tent, I tried to go to the Ladies Room--it was locked and it was too dark to wander around looking for another Ladies Room. Now, we have a porta potty, but thanks to Bob's expert packing job, it was buried beneath piles of STUFF!.
The tent setup went much more smoothly in our living room two weeks ago. After a lot of cursing, we got it set up. I went into the van to get the sleeping bags--no problem, but it was warm so I just wanted to lay on the sleeping bags and use sheets to cover us. Again, the sheets were on the very bottom of the van--forget that.
although Bob had mocked me for bringing a table cloth and a quilt and a picnic set, all three came in very handy. bob got the quilt for when it dropped down to 50 degrees, and I had the table cloth (he offered me the quilt) . Because we had forgotten plastic utensils (so far the only thing besides the kitchen sink that we didn't bring with us) the spoons from the picnic set came in handy this morning when we had our cereal. Because Bob was so irritated, I decided to forego the use of the air mattresses--big mistake--big mistake. Remember, I haave three herniated disks and the ground was hard. I'm surprised though because I'm none the worse for the wear today--my back is fine.
Then there was the Mennonite family camping next to us--crying baby, early breakfast racket, decamping activities--oh, that's okay, we were up (6AM).
I have loads of great pics but we want to get out of here. So, after repacking the van (third time's a charm?) we're headed for Amarillo and beyond--I'm not sure we have a goal for tonight, but it looks like we might be staying in a hotel (if it is still raining in Texas tonight).
Bob thought he was making a full pot of coffee this morning, just like at home, but it was just a four cup French press. Wow! My eyes opened up very quickly.
The Ladies room was still locked but I found out that when campers came in (at a reasonable hour) they are given a lock code (we didn't have one). The shower was very hot (no cold water), but at least I'm clean.
More later.
BTW We were the oldest camper in the park--what a surprise!
5 comments:
If I'm reading this correctly, you had to take a leak when you got there, but weren't able to relieve yourself until the next morning. My hat's off to your bladder; mine certainly wouldn't have stood the strain. I'm thinking of callin you daily, as I did yesterday, to check if you've come to your senses and decided to stop sleeping on the ground.
hi there............... thank you for confirming some of the many reasons why I gave up on camping! I just don't see anything appealing about peeingor sleeping on the ground, not to mention setting up a temt. The only thing missing was the rain.
But...... I am sure the trees, bushes and the birds made it worthwhile to Bobby! Seriously, I am glad you guys are safely on your way and do seem to be enjoying yourselves. How is the living in the moment going????
As a fellow member of the Herniated Disc Club, I'm here to say...blow up the air mattresses!
Alas, only one of the huge (SINGLE) air mattresses will fit in the tent. Yes, peeing is certainly a problem since we are doing nothing but drinking in the car (iced tea, coffee, water, fruit juices). Why do we have the urge right after we pass a rest area and the next one is in 200 miles?
The world is your bathroom!!
Post a Comment