Today was a day of errands--Walgreens (couldn't get what we went for), Walmart (couldn't get what we went for), bank, lunch (yummy happy hour at RockBottom), car wash. Tomorrow, only two errands -- road trip food grocery stop and back to Walgreen's to see if our 3-month prescriptions were approved by BCBS.
We emptied out our freezer (with the help of our trusty housesitters, Kim and Kayla) but are now left with yuckies which Bob is cleaning out. Then, we do some loading of the van (so I can sleep tonight).
We'll finish loading the van tomorrow (Bob still has to pack his clothes--I did that last night). Then, our trusty house/dog sitters will move back in and we'll be on our way bright and early on Thursday.
Bob is more interested in the journey so I'm not allowed to book campsites ahead (this ought to be fun for Mrs. OCD--or maybe I'll find out for once and for all that his way is the best way).
For those of you who wondered, my mother is home and the procedure for the installation of her pacemaker went well. She's a bit annoyed that she can't drive for two weeks, but I'll be relieved at least for two weeks that she's not in her car (she'll be 89 on November 5). Great thanks to my mother's wonderful neighbors Dan and Debbie and to my wonderful cousin, Antoinette, for checking on her and making sure all is well. You guys are wonderful--remember, what goes around, comes around.
Bob said I'll probably have to sort through the box of books (I only want to take 22) and eliminate a few of those (I should've bought a Kindle 2).
I'll let you know Bob's blog address when he gets started. That's all for now--except to quote my 2 1/2 year-old granddaughter, Ana, "TP is for my bunghole and I like corn!"
No comments:
Post a Comment