Ham everywhere, even in Bob's dreams, when he dreamt of a epileptic pig that he was trying to save

Ham everywhere, even in Bob's dreams, when he dreamt of a epileptic pig that he was trying to save
A shop window in Madrid

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday morning

I knew I was crazy and this proves it. I didn't sleep last night because I was worried about packing the van--not fitting everything or fitting everything but to the point that the van was too heavy to get up the mountains we have to climb.

Whenever I think about unpacking my suitcase, I cannot think of what I could remove that would make a big enough difference--same with the box of books (yes, box). So, now, we're looking at a Thursday departure. Not only does it get later and later, but thanks to some extra money from "the project" we could really stay in cheap hotels along the way instead of camping. Not sure the guy would be so happy with that though. It seems kind of crazy to camp unless we were staying in a campsite that was beautiful for more than one night.

The other thing that occurred to me while I didn't sleep last night was that we would not have room in our itsy bitsy teeny weeny cottage in Maine for all of our STUFF. If we leave all of it at my mother's, we'd have to go back to Albany to pick it up for the trip home and we were planning on doing the trans-Canadian highway on the way back (more than 4 hours north of Albany and much closer to our Maine destination). UGH! I just want to LEAVE!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say, leave the books and stop at local bookstores whenever you run out :)

Anonymous said...

money, money, money--that's why

Marla said...

Oh, Casey. You do realize that you are focusing on the minutiae instead of the big picture? Just throw the stuff in there and go. Realize you are in the U.S., otherwise known as civilization, and can get anything you need along the way. Remember, it's just stuff, so don't worry about it. Go have fun!

Casey and Bob said...

Leave it to Marla to shine light on the subject and bring me back to reality. LOL! Thanks, Buddy!

jenn said...

1. You need to get a Kindle and ditch the box of books.

2. You can always leave some stuff with us if you're cramped at the cottage!

3. I know I keep saying it, but I CAN'T WAIT to see you two!!

Happy Trails...
Jenn