Good sleep last night~
Left the hotel, took a streetcar to the French Market and went C-R-A-Z-Y shopping. Not only is there a flea market but there are restaurants and bars on every other street corner--all serving deliciousness. We ate at Magnolia's terrace--I had a catfish po' boy and Bob had a sausage one. The best part was we were listening to a wonderful blues band while eatin' and drinkin' This place has "ice cream" drinks, so I had me one of them there dreamsicles (orange, rum, vanilla icecream, Triple Sec, and some other booze--went down real smoothlike). I almost got up and danced--but Bob was in a good mood buying me whatever I looked twice at, so I didn't want to embarrass him.
I bought clothes, an Ana beaded bracelet for granddaughter Ana, some paintings for our home (of the Crescent City of course), a hat (anyone who knows me knows I love hats and shoes--so shoes will come next), a couple New Orleans t-shirts, etc.
Since there is still so much to do, we're staying an extra night. Bob's taking his midday nap as I do this and some work for McGraw-Hill. It was a wonderful day, but we have to rest up for the wonderful night. Tomorrow, we're doing a swamp tour and possibly the Audabon Aquarium (they have a zoo and Insectarium, too).
After recharging (for Bob, that means a nap), we hit Bourbon Street. Dinner at Boudreaux's--delicious--I had Oyster's Rockefeller and Bob had the Blackened hamburger (huge!) -- more of that delicious Abida beer, a gin and tonic and we were set to dance the night away. In every bar, there was a live band--no cover charge, great music, many people were sitting and not even drinking (not that many, though). We did some bar-hopping and met some great, funny, wonderful people--exchanged email addresses. Love this state!
4 comments:
Ok Casey-- Admit it: You are secretly writing for McGraw-Hill under that towel, aren't you?
You go, girl! I recommend dancing every time you get the chance. What fun you are having! I wish I were with you. I've never been to New Orleans, so you have to see it for me and keep the updates coming.
How did you know, Paul? LOL!
Marla, you would go crazy with all the live music in this city--especially at night on Bourbon Street--live bands in almost every bar.
Post a Comment