My mother has been moved back into a ward--surgical ward. The wound vac seems to be doing its thing. I did not have to fight to get another doctor--just told the nurse I did not want Dr. Akbara. The new doctor is nicer and is already calling in two more specialists (nutritionist and therapist). He has ordered an ultrasound to check my mother's dvt (blood clot). I feel more relaxed about the care she is receiving now--though Bob is still upset that her cardiologist put her on medication that is making her like a zombie again.
The cabin owners went to get the perishables in the frig in Maine but haven't emailed back so I guess they saw our mess up there (again, we brought too much stuff).
That's the report for today.
2 comments:
Glad to hear the wound vac is working! Thinking of you guys...
She's off the wound vac now (too gross to explain why).
Thinking of you, too.
Post a Comment