Today, my mother was still in a lot of pain but they applied a wound vac. If you're interested in learning what that is (remember her whole lower left quadrant of her abdomen was taken out down to and including some muscle) here's a really interesting video (I get kind of squeamish but this didn't bother me).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYb5HzA0tEw
She was moved out of ICU (I think it was too soon) and into the post-surgical floor). Tomorrow, I'll have to fight to get the original doctor assigned to her (who was going to release her the day the infectious disease doctor and surgeon decided that emergency surgery was necessary or she'd be dead in another three days. Wish me luck and strength (and, all you who know me know that I also need grace to be courteous while doing this).
More tomorrow.
2 comments:
Oh, my. Casey, I'm wishing you not just luck but courage and strength, too. This is just so much for a woman your mother's age to bear. She's so lucky you are there fighting for her care. I continue to think of you every day and the difficulties you are facing. Wish I could help. Be strong and know you are loved.
Marla
Thanks, Marla. This is a nightmare. Every morning I wake up hoping I'm either in the Maine cabin or home in Glendale. For once, I wish time would fly and take me with it.
Post a Comment