Today was not the greatest. You know what they say about a parent being as happy as their least happy child. Sean was a bit disappointed in his latest promotion and that affected our mood too. Then, Bob did a real search for his music case and we couldn't find it. I prayed to St. Anthony and everything--we're hoping he left it at Bryn's though I cannot fathom why he'd have brought it into her apartment. He thinks someone stole it, but you saw the back of our van, right? How could anyone have found it and why would they have stolen only that? Then I couldn't find two booklets with instructions for Bob's phone and my tape recorder--oy--save us from all of the crap we brought with us--I went overboard with clothes BIG TIME (and then bought more at CATO). Oh boy--too much stuff--that's why we're losing everything.
Bryn's having a great time in Mexico City and is astonished at how bright her niece, Ana, is. I know Matt and he's probably taken her to 10 places a day--but she has energy and I'm sure she's up to it. They went to Cuernivaca (sp?) today.
We had lunch at the 44 Pub and Restaurant in town (Milbridge). Very nice place--I had a haddock sandwich and Bob had a blackened Cajun steak salad. Very good--we finished it off with Red Velvet cake, but we still haven't been walking and that has to change.
We drove into Ellsworth today. We went to a salvage store and boy-oh-boy, Bob had fun. We bought some stuff so I can build furniture out of the wood in the forest around the cottage (just a coffee table--yes, I'm serious). We also went to a bookstore so Bob could buy some stuff to read.
Mac and cheese at the cottage tonight. I wasn't really hungry--upset spending so much time looking for stuff---next time, I promise, I won't pack so much STUFF. This is definitely a good rehearsal for our Mexico City trip. I guarantee you that I won't bring so much with me when we go to see Matt and Veronica and our beloved Ana.
Sorry there wasn't so much going on today--of course, there really was a lot more, but I'm not in the mood to write tonight--kind of a bummer of a day (but not really--we're still in the land of the beautiful water, mountains, trees--and it was sunny most of the day, though still in the 70's.
No comments:
Post a Comment