Ham everywhere, even in Bob's dreams, when he dreamt of a epileptic pig that he was trying to save

Ham everywhere, even in Bob's dreams, when he dreamt of a epileptic pig that he was trying to save
A shop window in Madrid

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday, July 28

Not much more to report today. My mother is still confused and hallucinating. She thinks she is in a nursing home. Today, she said she had to go so she could float. She became very agitated at one point and I asked her what was wrong and she replied, "I'm afraid I'm going to lose the baby." Oh, God, this is so hard. She kept trying to get out of bed and I thought they put in a bed alarm, so I couldn't understand why it wasn't going off. Bob went to the nurse's station and using his best Darth Vader voice said, "Someone better get into 6124 fast before my mother-in-law falls and breaks her hip and sues this place!" Meanwhile, I found the bed alarm on a chair in the corner of the room under four pillows. I guess if the pillows had fallen to the floor the nurses would have swarmed to their aid. GEEZ!

She was wheezing four days ago and I kept telling the staff and the doctors. Suddenly, today, the infectious disease doctor says, "She's wheezing and it sounds like her breathing is labored. I'll order a chest X-ray." Now I'll probably have to wait a week until someone looks in her chart to see the chest X-ray was taken and the radiologist's report was never checked. GEEZ!

Her wound is healing, but they are still worried about it so she's still on bowel rest (no food or drink except what she's getting through the IV--she hasn't eaten in two weeks but I have been told that she is getting all the nourishment she needs--yeah, I hope so).

Today, I found it hard to leave her. I'm so afraid of her getting out of bed. Alarms go off for the IV's every minute but the nurses are so used to hearing them that they tune them out, I think. Today, my mother got a roommate and her nurse was so annoyed with my mother's IV alarm going off that she came over very flustered and turned it off. Now, that would have been fine with me had she told my mother's nurse, but 1/2 hour later, no one had come to change the IV bag, so I had to go find her nurse to tell her that she needed to put up another bag. GEEZ!

My mother thinks she's in a nursing home and I think I'm in hell. She's in St. Peter's hospital and I really am in hell.

Keep those prayers coming her way.

No comments: