Ham everywhere, even in Bob's dreams, when he dreamt of a epileptic pig that he was trying to save

Ham everywhere, even in Bob's dreams, when he dreamt of a epileptic pig that he was trying to save
A shop window in Madrid

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Saturday, August 8

So, today we woke up early (6:00 AM) to go to the lobster fest in Winter Harbor. However, I had not slept that well (neither had Bob who tried to sleep in his sleeping bag outside on the picnic table). I was afraid he'd be murdered in the night (we are near nothing and no one so that's one of those irrational night fears, I guess). Then, when he came in, he was so noisy so I woke up. Anyhow, we ended up going back to sleep and left here at 8:30 (no shower--water problems again). It's good that we went later: 1. roads were not congested with traffic as we had expected, 2. nothing was going on at 6:00 AM so we would've ended up sleeping in the van anyway. It was a very nice day. We found a nearby parking space.

We bought a few crafts at the craft fair, had delicious blueberry (Maine blueberries) pancakes at the Masonic lodge, bought a vintage Winter Harbor Lobster Fest t-shirt, watched the lobster boat races, went antiquing, bought a few things at a really old 5 & 10 and left (before the chowder lunch and lobster dinner).

Then we went exploring. We found a great gift shop near our cottage filled with gift ideas, yarns, games, art supplies, children's toys, fudge, home decor--it was loverly. We did a little grocery shopping but we should eat what we have because we'll only have to throw it away or pack it up in two weeks. Now we have the makings for s'mores though.

I talked to my mother on the phone. She's still in the hospital and is sick with a cold and possibly pneumonia. She's fed up with everything and had an incident with a nurse who did not change her bandages right. She said, "I'm not stupid and I won't be taken advantage of because I'm old. I had to speak up." I told her that she'd be stupid if she didn't and that this was a good thing (to speak up). She also said that she wanted to come to Arizona for Christmas (WOW! where did that come from) if she gets the doctors' okays. That would be so cool to have all of us together like that (except Brynnie who can't get Christmas week off).

We came home, listened to music, had dinner (Bryn, finished your delicious sausage and peppers on pasta--thank you, delicious). I practiced a little piano (keyboard) playing music from two new books I had to buy because my piano books were missing. Now, we're missing one of my pillows, my piano books and music, and thousands of dollars in CDs and DVDs. We did not leave them at home and we didn't take them to Albany. We're pretty careful about locking the van doors, too. Ah, not-so-sweet mysteries.

We confirmed our reservations for the puffin tour on Seal Island. We leave at 6:30 AM (but the weather might be bad enough for the tour owners to cancel it) from a town about 45 minutes away. Two hours on the boat to the island, two hours on the island, and two hours back on the boat. We'll see. I hope it works out because this is one of Bob's MUST DOs!

No comments: