We visited the plaza, often! Beautiful shops and restaurants!
Had dinner at Herzonia's--it was delicious (soup, but with Mexican appetizers). We had a wonderful conversation, as well. Herzonia knows so many people all over the world. Although she is Mexican, her English is superb as she was educated in the United States. She lived in Wisconsin for quite a while. It sounds as if she has a very interesting family as well.
Mexican Independence Day is today but the Mexican people celebrate it the day before, so we went to the plaza in Coyoacan and celebrated with everyone else. It was packed, we were all searched for weapons, there was music, rides, and the plaza was decorated in red, green and white. We had a delicious dinner at a restaurant called El Morral. Instead of chips and salsa, diners get chicharones (fried pork skin), nopales (cactus), and queso. Very nice. Bob had enchiladas mole with steak. I had steak with avocado, green beans, queso, refritos and it was very delicious.
Today we're going to a different market with Herzonia and tomorrow we leave for Puebla and Oaxaca. I'm really excited to go because the last time we were here, we were not able to make Oaxaca because Bob's dad became ill and we had to fly home for Bob to fly to NY.
I also got very ill last time with Montezuma's revenge and so far, so good. I have a bad cold (Veronica and Ana had one when we came in), but it seems to be better today.
I went out by myself on Sunday since Matt, Veronica and Ana had made plans to meet with relatives of their parents' next-door neighbors. They had a very good time and a very full day. I went up to the plaza and had a good time shopping at the market. I bought some jewelry for both me and Ana and it was so inexpensive. I'm really well-decked out in the jewelry department. I do not believe in "bargaining" with the merchants, but I have been able
No comments:
Post a Comment